Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Door Hinge Pins
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2008 :  21:57:33  Show Profile
I need to make oversize pivot pins for my P Type door hinges. I understand that they are just parallel pins held in by gravity but can someone please tell me what type and size of head they should have and also what length they should be.

Maurice.

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 17/01/2008 :  23:06:43  Show Profile
Maurice,

When I replaced my pivot pins, I machined them from high tensile stainless (EN57T) and made the heads to look like a round head rivet. At the bottom end I allowed sufficient to protrude from the hinge to cross drill for a 1/16" stainless split pin. Maybe not original, but it worked for me. I'm not keen on pins being held in place by gravity - is that how they were?

John R
Go to Top of Page

phil

United Kingdom
149 Posts

Posted - 18/01/2008 :  10:03:44  Show Profile
Hi I have just had a look at my pins. i have four original and 4 s+v (late70's). there was some difference between both types. When first fitting, it was found that if i used the originals on the top hinges and s+v's on the bottom, the door then fitted great.
What im getting to is that both have different heads.
So firstly :- original pin in top hinges is 44mm in total length, diameter of head is 8mm, height of domed head is 4mm.
S+V's bottom pin has total length of 50mm (some protruding) diameter of head 12mm, height of head 5mmm.
hope this helps.
phil
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000