Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Tracking down the history of your MMM - any advice
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2020 :  20:03:23  Show Profile
Rob, the only thing that the Oxford archives say is that the car was registered to Morris Garages, Queen Street, Oxford on the 17 June 1929, and that it was a 2 seater Blue.
The recently 'discovered' early register cards for your car only show back to the 1960s and therefore only addresses for the gentleman in Kent! I will send you a copy of this card.
The Kithead Trust is the only other suggestion.

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

KevinA

New Zealand
669 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2020 :  20:39:20  Show Profile
 Built in July, registered in June

What is this, a DeLorean with a flux capacitor?
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2020 :  21:47:59  Show Profile
Build date 7 June 1929! Database wrong!!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
960 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2020 :  12:16:48  Show Profile
(For Gord)

I'm afraid that all of Surrey County Council's records were sent to DVLA and, I'm told, DVLA destroyed them.

The Kithead Trust has some card index records but nothing that can help you.

Sorry!
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2020 :  14:31:50  Show Profile
As a general comment, how narrow minded are the DVLA officials to destroy such valuable records. I keep all paper records, and keep impeccable diaries of all my classics, in the future they will be invaluable items of historical interest. Alongside my diary remarks I insert items of interest as a timeline reference, I cut small newspaper cuttings, at the moment Brexit, Royal Family are current additions, plus a few small items like stamps and tickets. With one of my Rovers, I have newspaper cuttings from the 1950s, makes for interesting reading. Important to take photos and keep as paper photos, digital records will be forfeit in time, and anotate on the reverse the date and description and relevant items of historic interest.

Chris

J2353
J4129
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1964 Posts

Posted - 22/01/2020 :  15:06:15  Show Profile

Chris, I totally agree your comments about DVLA destroying irreplaceable records of our motoring heritage. I would hope it was done in ignorance rather than with malevolence.
Reminds me of some canals in Yorkshire which, some years ago, the local authorities deliberately filled in with concrete. Fortunately, after years of backbreaking, dogged work by enthusiasts the canal is now up and running.

Unfortunately, not everyone shares our enthusiasm for the past.

Regards,

Chris
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 26/01/2020 :  06:56:58  Show Profile
Chris, thanks for your support for the saving of heritage. We are so lucky to have a long history of innovation and world acceptance of our democracy as being the best. Here in Cyprus where we live much of the year, it’s a well known fact that is often repeated that when the U.K. was in control of Cyprus, everyone was of an equal standing, Greek & Turkish Cypriots alike, when we were ousted is when the troubles started in 1974 which has divided the Island which we love. We often travel to the occupied north, the Turkish Cypriots are a lovely, friendly and generous people’s....and superb hairdressers, I always get my locks trimmed whilst ‘ up there ‘ , it’s actually quite an experience.

Getting back to archiving, I would recommend owners keep in depth diaries and annotated photographs, how I have enjoyed looking at those of Mike at S & V in his M type back then. Thankyou.

Chris

J2353
J4129

Edited by - MG Maverick on 26/01/2020 06:58:40
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000