Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 K3 - reasonable estimate?
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Martin Warner

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2009 :  16:54:40  Show Profile
Brian

Thank you for your posting.

I never mean to cause offence although I do enjoy a heated discussion. It usually helps to get to the bottom of things more quickly than too much diplomacy.

I am concerned though that there is an air of Big Brother that someone is removing postings without other members of the discussion being aware of them. Unless of course they have nothing to say apart from abuse.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 14/08/2009 :  23:24:48  Show Profile
Martin
I am sorry if it feels like "Big Brother" is watching, however, I have only ever deleted posts that would be considered "offensive" or contain accusations made with the intention of causing offense.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 15/08/2009 :  15:35:59  Show Profile
At this point I have to throw my hands in the air and declare my mistake.

While I've been rereading the various posts on the K3 and the J4 issue I realise that I mistakenly confused the two issues when I made my last post on the K3 posting.

It was the J4 listing where the deletion occurred, I believe.

Apologies to Nick and all concerned.

Brian.

Go to Top of Page

David

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2009 :  11:13:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by etlanpa

I see K3015 is entered in H&H's September auction...
http://www.classic-auctions.com/lotdetail.php?lotid=27082&aucid=28202

is this a reasonable estimate??

Take a look at the latest estimate interesting to see what happens in September

http://www.classic-auctions.com/lotdetail.php?lotid=27082&aucid=28200
Go to Top of Page

F0355

South Africa
298 Posts

Posted - 17/08/2009 :  16:02:03  Show Profile
As recorded in the Max Zingg K3 book "M.G. for life" who owned K3014:

Magnette 3015

7AK, 2 November 1933, JB 3180. - First Magnette with >>Marshall<< supercharger, 1934 pointed tail, 1936 Monoposto body and replacement of frame. - 7/8 April 1934, Brescia/Italy, Coppa Mille Miglia, 1100 cc, 2nd, Count Giovanni >>Johnny<< Lurani (Italy)/Penn Hughes (England).- Works car, 1990 Switzerland*, 1992 England, 1994 Peter Gregory, Milton Common/Oxfordshire (England).

*>>Zurich banker Jurg Heer arrested in Thailand - According to the Swiss criminal investigation department, Heer embezzled, as head of the credit department of the Rothschild Bank, more than 60 million Swiss Francs between 1982 and 1992. He treated himself to a collection of 80 vintage cars, mostly very valuable<< (Blick, 8th October 1997)

Is this the car on auction at H&H in September? Engine number seems to have changed.

Peter Steyn
Johannesburg, RSA

Edited by - F0355 on 17/08/2009 16:11:52
Go to Top of Page

Ollie

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 18/08/2009 :  12:33:20  Show Profile
I have observed with interest the content of the forum relating to K3015 - How many of you have bought or rather read "Magnette-ised" by the current custodian of K3015? It's all in there!
Go to Top of Page

taterry

USA
107 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  00:21:30  Show Profile
"Magnette-ised", where would one find this publication? Is it online??
Terry in Oakland, CA
NA0613
Go to Top of Page

peterfenichel

United Kingdom
79 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  14:52:34  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by taterry

"Magnette-ised", where would one find this publication? Is it online??
Terry in Oakland, CA
NA0613

I believe H&H Auctions has copies for sale via their website or direct from Len Goff the author.

Peter Fenichel
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 19/08/2009 :  22:14:10  Show Profile
I have spoken to Len Goff who wrote the book Magnette-ised who advised me there are still some copies available and these can be purchased from either Collectors Car books, who have a web site, or H & H auctioneers. Cost is something like ú30 plus post and packaging.

George Eagle
Hon Sec
Go to Top of Page

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  18:23:36  Show Profile

The K3 was bid to ú210,000 in the room, said by the auctioneer to be 'A provisional sale - we will make an announcement very soon'.
Go to Top of Page

Ollie

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 16/09/2009 :  21:32:54  Show Profile
I understand K3015 has sold privately after auction, with the added bonus to the previous custodian of a promise of frankfurter sausages for the rest of his days!
Go to Top of Page

Martin Warner

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 24/09/2009 :  18:01:40  Show Profile
I am glad to see that everyone seems to be calling it K3015 and dropping the unfounded suffix. I presume the sale price underlines the rightful belief that it is the real and historic car.

Martin
Go to Top of Page

Martin Warner

United Kingdom
85 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  10:55:13  Show Profile
In the interest of future historical accuracy can we now expect the Triple-M committee to affirm the originality of K3015 as just sold by Len Goff.
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  14:20:01  Show Profile
Martin,

No, you cannot expect any such thing! As you well know (I've repeated the message often enough on the Forum) the Triple-M Register works from a set of "rules". You can access these on this site.

When I am acting as Registrar and have a case arise where two vehicles (or sometimes two piles of bits) claim the same chassis number, I carry out as much research as I can but if the issue is cloudy (as in the case of K 3015 and K 3015/2) if always refer the matter to the full Register Committee.

They then decide, in the light of the available evidence and in accordance withy the Register "rules", how the Register should describe each car's identity.

The historical information avaiable for both vehicles was presented to the Committee at its meeting on 7/10/01. The Committee agreed to designate the car at that time in the possession of Syd Beer as K 3015 and that in the possession of Peter Gregory, K 3015/2.

Of course, anyone outside the Register Committee is fully entitled to disagree with that ruling and indeed either current owner of the vehicles concerned can petition the Committee to re-consider the evidence (notes to Register rule 3).

Some future Triple-M Register Committee may change the "rules" in such a way that the Register calls both of these cars "K 3015". The AGM nest March will be the time for Martin and indeed any other voluteer, to put themselves forward to serve on the Committee.

In the meantime I will continue to operate the Register on the basis the the current "rules".

Finally, I wish to say that I "waste" much time responding to folk about the boy racers and the high value cars when I should be devoting efforts to help the ordinary owner of the ordinary J2 or whatever.

Bob Clare
Registrar, Triple-M Register
Go to Top of Page

Bob Clare

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 28/09/2009 :  14:22:12  Show Profile
Sorry about the typos - pressed the wrong button ("post new reply" instead of "preview").

Maybe Nick you could put a "do you really want to do that??" window in the system to prevent premature postingS!!
Bob
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000