Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Sparking Plugs
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1547 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  08:41:17  Show Profile
Lew,
".....Perhaps had Britain managed its colonies properly, you wouldn't have this problem."
How right you are!, but still English is English is it not?

Cheers,
Bruce.
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  16:48:59  Show Profile
Bruce
It's not my spellin wots rong [it is always carefully checked] - it's all tother disleckics wot can't geddit rite
Tony
Go to Top of Page

leckstein

USA
408 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  21:11:36  Show Profile
No, English is not English, As Professor Henry Higgins said, we (in America) haven't spoken it in years.

Mike L
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1547 Posts

Posted - 27/08/2010 :  22:12:35  Show Profile

"No, English is not English, As Professor Henry Higgins said, we (in America) haven't spoken it in years."............more's the pity.
Cheers. Bruce.
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2010 :  12:01:58  Show Profile
.............even our wonderful yearbook suffers from spell checkitis......my article a couple of year ago suffered from "worn" gears whuch I would replace (both in the sentence and the engine) with worm gears......they work better!
.............preselector ( as in gearbox type) will have "persecutor" offered as the better? word.....,and for some probably a good description.......Martin Warner's experience at Angouleme illustrates this when his KN was stolen by a local tealeaf. When apprhended by the old bill (which will tanslate wonderfully into French) the thief complained about the rubbish gearbox.....
and as it is Battle of Britain season a review of an article....

Never in the history of journalism have so many apostrophes been misused in so few words for so little effect.......
has to be spoken in the correct manner as used by WC in 1940.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000