Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Mike Hawke
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  14:43:54  Show Profile
I thought that I should let everyone know that I have just heard that Mike Hawke had a very serious accident, at home, over the weekend. It is thought that he had a blackout and fell onto a stone tiled floor from which he has received very severe head injuries.

I am sure that our thoughts are with Mike, his wife Ann and their family at this time and that he will make a full recovery.

Please do not try and contact the family or hospital. I will post more news as and when I receive it.

Peter.

tholden

United Kingdom
1628 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  15:39:56  Show Profile
Peter I am so very sorry to here this bad news. When you are in touch with the family please let them know that all of Mikes MG friends old and new are thinking of him and wishing him a speedy recovery.

TH
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
988 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  16:35:40  Show Profile
Hear Hear!

Colin.
Go to Top of Page

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  17:01:09  Show Profile
Peter - please pass on best wishes from the Allison family too.
I can only hope that Mike bounces back from this with the same determination that he has from the other knock a couple of years back.
Regards David
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3230 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  17:50:48  Show Profile
Peter

Thank you for keeping us informed - we all pray Mike will recover fully from such a nasty accident.

Ann and family will be very much in our thoughts.

George
Go to Top of Page

LewPalmer

USA
3221 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  18:26:09  Show Profile
On behalf of the NAMMMR, we wish all the best for Mike and family. Mike was the inspiration for my purchase of a black J2 in 1983, after watching his enthusiastic run in the Triple-M race at Silverstone that year.

Best regards,

Lew Palmer
Registrar, NAMMMR
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2143 Posts

Posted - 22/11/2010 :  22:14:31  Show Profile
Mike, we are all thinking of you and wishing for a speedy recovery

Rich

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Terry Andrews

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2010 :  19:00:42  Show Profile
Hi Peter,

Please pass on our best wishes to Mike & Ann from Margaret and I. They were very supportive when I managed to go on Flat Cap & Whippet whilst coping with my illness. So we pray that Mike has a speedy recovery and is back in the fold soon….. Terry
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  11:02:37  Show Profile
Hello everyone,
Thank you for all the support & messages we have received over the last days. Unfortunately this was one race that Dad couldn't win. He passed away peacfully last night without ever regaining consciousness. The family were there with him throughout. Thanks once again for your prayers & best wishes. J2396 will now take a short breather as it's been a very busy last 60 years! She will of course be back next season.
JH
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3230 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  11:50:33  Show Profile
Dear Jeremy

On behalf of the Triple-M Register I send to Ann, you and your families our heartfelt sypmpathy at this very sad time.

Mike was a very active and enthusiastic member and his loss will be keenly felt by all of us.

George Eagle
Hon Sec
Triple-M Register

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  12:19:49  Show Profile
Dear Jeremy

This is such sad news.

I am sure that Mike's MG friends - of which there are very, very many - will feel the loss most keenly.

We will all have our recollections of Mike; I will remember him for his lively personality, his great commitment to anything he undertook and his encyclopaedic knowledge. And above all for being such an open and enthusiastic person - never too busy to devote time to anyone who needed it - and always with that unmistakable twinkle in his eye.

With sympathies and sincere good wishes to Ann and all the family.
Dick Morbey
Go to Top of Page

Terry Hartley

United Kingdom
278 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  12:42:05  Show Profile
This is indeed very sad news and a great loss to the Triple-M world.
Mike will be remembered by all he came into contact with as by far one of the nicest chaps you could meet in MG circles.
Sue and I send sincere condolences to Ann and all his family.
Terry Hartley
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1529 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  12:59:29  Show Profile
For me, MH was the one individual who consistently demonstrated what could and should be done with a relatively standard MG sports car, something which I personally found very inspiring during the 60s, 70s and beyond. A sad loss indeed.
Go to Top of Page

Mike Allison

United Kingdom
196 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  13:00:22  Show Profile
This is news that I did not want to hear.
Mike was one of the first to "join" the Register, and was in full support from Day One, something we intend to celebrate next year, and it will be sad not to have Mike with us. Mike was secretary of the Register for a long period, and has always supported our aims and endeavours.
Sincere condolences and sympathy to Ann, Jeremy, Marcus amd their families from Anne and and all our family: we have lost a great and dear friend.
Mike
Go to Top of Page

David Allison

United Kingdom
665 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  13:51:39  Show Profile
Mike your contribution to matters octagonal go beyond the eight sides of the world.
Your work will be remembered by all too few but enjoyed by those unlucky to have never met you.

Claire and I also extend our sympathy to Ann, Jeremy and Marcus and to your extended family.
The world is a poorer place without your enthusiasm.

Regards David
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
988 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2010 :  14:28:28  Show Profile
I only met Mike late on in his MMM career, and was taken by his warm and friendly manner. He took the time to chat with me about his time in Scotland, with all sorts of interesting anecdotes.

His contribution to MMM motoring is immense. He will be sorely missed.

Colin.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000