Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Hugh Hamilton
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6019 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2013 :  20:19:27  Show Profile
Definitely the same bloke, Olli

Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2013 :  21:22:22  Show Profile
It's you ! Although I'll grant you that he doesn't look the manliest of men!

Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2013 :  21:26:21  Show Profile
Simon, can you zoom in on the bloke on the far right of the picture, please?

Perhaps that one's a possibility, Colin? I always presumed it was Jeffress, but when I look at other pics of Jeffress, I'm not so sure.

And then there's the obvious difference in attitude, whereas he looks all modest next to Hammy in the J4 and 'not so modest' in this one, so probably another dead end ...
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 12/10/2013 :  21:42:51  Show Profile
Here's one of Jeffress. Same man as in the J4? And/or the same as in the Paterson picture? Or three altogether different ones?!

Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6019 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2013 :  03:26:24  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cathelijne

Simon, can you zoom in on the bloke on the far right of the picture, please?

Which picture, Cat?
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2013 :  06:43:30  Show Profile
Oh, sorry, I mean the new one I put up of Paterson, the one in which he looks all girlie !
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6019 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2013 :  07:16:31  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Cathelijne

Oh, sorry, I mean the new one I put up of Paterson, the one in which he looks all girlie !

Comme ça?

Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2013 :  11:32:57  Show Profile
I can't see any resemblance between the pensive young chap with the furrowed brow sitting beside Hamilton in the J4 after the 1933 race, and the Oscar Paterson talking to Mrs Hamilton at the 1932 event. The hairline is entirely different - quite apart from the quantity of the stuff. Still 12 months had elapsed beween the two pictures, and 12 months is a long time in the life of a chaps hair - but usually it gets less as you get older, rather than the reverse. The two chaps also look to be of different ages to me.

Incidentally, to counter the scurrilous remarks about "looking girlie" and being mistaken for a lady, (although the picture of him in his helmet and goggles bears more than a passing resemblance to "Bill" Wisdom who was a lady despite her nickname), my information is that the real Oscar Paterson who rode with Gardner in 1932, was very, very fond of ladies. Also rather too fond, allegedly of alcohol, (perhaps the two things go together! ). Again. allegedly, it was the booze what got him, and OP died rather earlier than he should have done, as a result of it - allegedly !

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6019 Posts

Posted - 13/10/2013 :  16:24:01  Show Profile
I think we can safely cross Oscar Paterson off the list of possible suspects as he looks nothing like our man of mystery. But he does bear a passing resemblance to "Bill" Wisdom as Colin suggests!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000