Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 New custodian of NA0669
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AndrysPosthuma

Netherlands
168 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2017 :  21:24:47  Show Profile
Hi all,

They say that you don't find old MG's anymore, they find you... In that case, NA0669 has taken residence in my shed. The car is more or less complete, but is missing the body. The previous owners did a lot to collect the various body bits. During the coming years, I will rebuild this N-type to the state that she's supposed to be in.

Anyway, I'd thought I say 'hi'. I keep a little weblog at https://mgna0669.wordpress.com/ which I update from time to time.

Regards, Andrys.

colintf

United Kingdom
1486 Posts

Posted - 24/03/2017 :  21:41:42  Show Profile
Congratulations. Please do keep us posted on your progress

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3229 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2017 :  09:20:24  Show Profile
Hello Andres

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations on the purchase of the NA - I always think the 2 seat Ns look better proportioned than the 4 seat cars.

I hope the car has arrived with the drivers door and half rear panel which I gave to Rodney Green in South Africa, these came from my old NB? I have noticed that the rear panels on some 2 seat Ns are wrong, they often do not have the chromed finish strip and the panel is not recessed to take the spare wheel.

Good luck with the car which I am delighted to note is to be rebuilt with a standard body rather than suffer the fate of being turned into yet another K3 styled car.

The file shows the car was exported when new via Nuffield Exports but it does not indicate to which country.

George
Hon Secretary

Edited by - George Eagle on 25/03/2017 09:29:02
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1483 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2017 :  18:02:10  Show Profile
Two seaters better looking than the four seaters. Absolutely preposterous. I couldn't possibly agree.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1483 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2017 :  18:14:32  Show Profile
I rest my case !

Colin B.

Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1486 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2017 :  19:13:58  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Butchers

I rest my case !

Colin B.

That looks like Bluehills Mine on the Lands End Trial, but no idea of the year

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
Go to Top of Page

AndrysPosthuma

Netherlands
168 Posts

Posted - 25/03/2017 :  19:52:28  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by George Eagle

I hope the car has arrived with the drivers door and half rear panel which I gave to Rodney Green in South Africa, these came from my old NB? I have noticed that the rear panels on some 2 seat Ns are wrong, they often do not have the chromed finish strip and the panel is not recessed to take the spare wheel.

Good luck with the car which I am delighted to note is to be rebuilt with a standard body rather than suffer the fate of being turned into yet another K3 styled car.

Hi George, yes, the doors and the rear half are still with the car. Not sure what chrome stripe you are referring to - but I'm sure you'll point it out, hopefully before the car is finished

Yes... a K3 style car. It's called a "tribute" I believe.
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1483 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2017 :  10:30:31  Show Profile
I rest my case (second version). Alright, alright. Don't go on. I promise not to post any more pictures for a week or so.

So far as "I rest my case 1" goes, well spotted Colin. it is Bluehills Mine 2- Lands End Trial 1973 - before you were born.

So far as "I rest my case (second version)" goes, I have no idea which trial this was nor when. It is certainly after 1968 and before 1975 and it is me driving with Malcolm Newman sitting very comfortably by my side. I particularly like the marshal practising some new steps in a strange West Country Clog Dance. Looks to me like a young version of Bruce Weston. If anyone knows where and when, please advise.

Colin B.

Edited by - Colin Butchers on 26/03/2017 10:31:44
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1486 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2017 :  11:10:35  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Colin Butchers

I rest my case (second version). Alright, alright. Don't go on. I promise not to post any more pictures for a week or so.

So far as "I rest my case 1" goes, well spotted Colin. it is Bluehills Mine 2- Lands End Trial 1973 - before you were born.

So far as "I rest my case (second version)" goes, I have no idea which trial this was nor when. It is certainly after 1968 and before 1975 and it is me driving with Malcolm Newman sitting very comfortably by my side. I particularly like the marshal practising some new steps in a strange West Country Clog Dance. Looks to me like a young version of Bruce Weston. If anyone knows where and when, please advise.

Colin B.

I was born on '69 and we always went to Bluehills for the Lands End Trial so I would of been there, somewhere

D0285
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2017 :  12:43:44  Show Profile
...so Colin, you may have seen me following Colin B up Bluehills in 1973...
Andrys, good luck with your project whatever the body!
John R

Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3229 Posts

Posted - 26/03/2017 :  13:46:16  Show Profile
Colin

That young Marshall was probably thinking now if that was a 2 seater.....!!!

Andrys- apologies for misspelling your name, this iPad changed the name without my noticing.

George.
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 26/03/2017 13:56:57
Go to Top of Page

Npdavea

United Kingdom
269 Posts

Posted - 28/03/2017 :  20:34:43  Show Profile
Well done Andrys and welcome to the club for distressed N type owners (not really!). I am 2 years into a complete rebuild of my NB 4 seater of course NA 0793 and have loads of photos of the car stripped out especially the body, if you need any specific ones. One example attached.

D P Allen
Go to Top of Page

AndrysPosthuma

Netherlands
168 Posts

Posted - 29/03/2017 :  21:02:41  Show Profile
Thank you all for the warm welcome and I see it as an honour that my first thread starts such a hot debate . For now I'm only trying to make sense of the bits and pieces that I have.

mr. Allen: interesting to see that you have two filler pipes... I would be very grateful if you can send me pictures, I will send some specific questions per PM.

Regards, Andrys
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000