Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Another K3 Rep
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6015 Posts

Posted - 23/11/2017 :  19:58:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Simon Johnston

None of this explains how, or in what circumstances, the car seems to have been 'deregistered' between 2015 and 2017. What transpired to make that happen?

Simon J
J3437

This is on the first page of this thread, dated 23 October. So in fact just over four weeks ago. If, as we are assured, it was simply a clerical error, so to speak, I do find it odd that there was a variety of explanations, or attempts to deflect the issue, until we got today's explanation. I'd have thought it should have been possible to have given such a simple answer four weeks ago.

And it does strike me as a bit odd that, if it was a simple transcription error, it then needs to be discussed at Committee and a further announcement made. But no doubt all will be revealed next week

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2017 :  14:56:27  Show Profile
Does this help the search and encourage an answer as what happened to the Register number of NA0365?

Roger Tushingham, MG N Type Special, Silverstone Trophy Race, VSCC, Formula Vintage, Round 1, Silverstone, April 2017

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

John James

United Kingdom
960 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2017 :  15:15:10  Show Profile
I think you mean NA0356?

JOHN JAMES
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2017 :  16:12:18  Show Profile
Oops, indeed I do!

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2017 :  17:29:26  Show Profile
A lotof people knew this Ian, but chose to allow Rodger his anonamility as he had decided to stay quiet.
Go to Top of Page

graham holdsworth

United Kingdom
424 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2017 :  21:22:20  Show Profile
Sorry about the spelling. I meant 'anonymity'!!
Go to Top of Page

Ian Bowers

United Kingdom
937 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2017 :  07:52:31  Show Profile
That was an image from a public site for goodness sake, hardly anonymous.

As for anonymity, featuring with this non-Register car in COTY is not a good way to hide even from this illustrious community.

Ian Bowers
OD 6791
J3 3772
Go to Top of Page

Charlie Cartwright

United Kingdom
64 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2017 :  21:27:36  Show Profile
That's a good looking motor car!

Charlie Cartwright
Go to Top of Page

bigtony12461

United Kingdom
100 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2017 :  09:43:02  Show Profile
I've got an N type. Can I chop it up and make one of them?

Tony
NA0795
Go to Top of Page

ashley

United Kingdom
261 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2017 :  10:30:03  Show Profile
Yes Tony you can, it’s your car so do what you want, no need to “chop” just remove all the componnats to transform in to the desired special/replica/ copy, store the removed items so they can be reunited with the car at a later date for yourself or the next owner.
Yes Charlie it’s a good looking motor car and I hope the owner really enjoys owning, driving and competing in it.

Ashley
(An ex NA owner, who many suggested I “chop” the car up and make a K Type special/ replica/ copy) I did not but again MY CHOICE if I had
Go to Top of Page

agn178

United Kingdom
57 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2017 :  10:53:27  Show Profile
Oh dear! I'm afraid to say that this topic has gone some way to discouraging me from MMM ownership.
A long time ago now (1983) I bought a J2 for rebuild. It came with Ford engine & a "custom built" body and a collection of very rusty & worn out parts. Since that time I've acquired a new body tub, panelled in ali, bonnet, valances, mudguards & wings. The fuel tank was beyond economic repair so was also replaced. The engine is now MG type but with almost everything newly manufactured, apart from rocker cover & oil filler. Upholstery by Collingburns of course.
Obviously all safety parts hubs, steering, axles etc have been replaced with new.
Given the tenure of this & similar topics, should I now be calling this car a replica, repro, rebuild, copy, or special? Or do I really have an MG J2 And how should I price this for sale as I seen to own a now-contentious vehicle?
If I'm not wanted in the MMM Register I will of course resign my membership.
Derek
Go to Top of Page

O.Thomas

United Kingdom
755 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2017 :  11:59:28  Show Profile
Derek,From what I can see you've put a pretty horrid j2 with the wrong engine back to the spec of a factory J2 , so don't get rid of it ! If you don't want to be part of the register fair enough, just drive it and enjoy it. You've put a lot of effort into it so enjoy it . Though i do understand how you have come to the views your having after reading the topic here, it's not the same mmm world it was 20 years ago!
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3350 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2017 :  12:57:31  Show Profile
Derek
Please do not allow these recent topics to put you off your MG. Your J2 looks gorgeous and as Oliver says, drive it and enjoy it, you have earned it!
Nick
Go to Top of Page

Onno

Netherlands
1031 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2017 :  13:36:43  Show Profile
Derek
Please do not be put off enjoying your J2.

Imho the discussions is about making an M.G. represent what it is not.
And in the process destroying original cars with an less desirable body style.

As Oliver and Nick have kind off stated it is never an attack on someone using all the available resources to put a back in use representing what it is.

Onno "D" Könemann
Go to Top of Page

Cooperman

United Kingdom
758 Posts

Posted - 26/11/2017 :  14:39:21  Show Profile
The problem is when someone has a car and says it is something it isn't, usually for monetary gain.

John Cooper M 628
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000