Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Around the world in an M type
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2023 :  10:23:39  Show Profile
Looking through an old scrap book I acquired years ago I’ve come across a picture of an M type which was “ attempting to encircle the world in five months “. Driven by Capt. Max Hay and Mr W.E.Wolveridge and starting from the R A C club , London .
I cannot remember reading of an reference to this attempt on the forum or anywhere else . Does anybody have more information on this such as route taken , whether it was successful of otherwise , etc etc .
The attempt was sponsored by Shell petrol it seems and the car carries two spare wheels on the tail .
Sorry but I cannot attach a photo

sam christie

United Kingdom
3056 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2023 :  10:56:01  Show Profile

https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums//topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=11317&SearchTerms=Wolveridge

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Ray Masters

United Kingdom
563 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2023 :  11:12:18  Show Profile
Thank you Sam for providing a photo of the M type and the link to the many postings on the forum in 2016. I must have read the very interesting story of the journey ,as far as can be confirmed , on the forum at the time but have forgotten about it .
Hopefully my posting has revived this amazing event and will be of interest to newer members of the Triple M family .
Thanks again , Ray
Go to Top of Page

Westbury

United Kingdom
1954 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2023 :  12:22:24  Show Profile
The achievements by this little company at Abingdon were truly amazing!
Chris
Go to Top of Page

Reinout

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2023 :  02:19:04  Show Profile
Does anybody know who the people are in that Sam's photo above? From Left to Right, W.E.Wolveridge and Capt. Max Hay appear to be numbers 5 and 6. These phots are from the start in London with the Hay and Wolveridge in the car, I think.

Reinout Vogt
Emma
1931 M-Type 2M/2735
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000