Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 j2 JY2022
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2024 :  12:17:00  Show Profile
P.C. Stocker was an interesting chap!
1933 in the Rifle Brigade, number 58308, at Roborough Camp Plymouth, when he bought the car!
May 1940 Acting Captain, posted as missing then prisoner of war!
1946 Major and Director at the Ministry of Supply!!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

johnmereness

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2024 :  18:27:10  Show Profile
Mike, THANK YOU and "I am all ears".

As a sidenote: I am on the hunt for a "period" photo of the car. Why: My best guess was car was raced at some point in time (it has a slot cut in the lower passenger side of the bonnet and several holds drilled in the lower passenger side of body to allow for a Brooklands style exhaust, car was lightened of any part not critical for running, and "just has that charm to it".

I was hoping to find more on P.C Stocker (P.C being his rank) and came up empty handed on the license plate for the car JY2022. I was hoping "The Box" would have the Plymouth registration card from the beginning, though it "appears" they only had the registration card from the end (seems the JY2022 number had been issued to another MG at some point in time and that MG was exported in 1971 (which would not be the J2 as it was already in the United States via its export in 1968).

JMM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000