Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Help with ALX 124 J4129
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 28/06/2015 :  12:59:00  Show Profile
I now need some help finding any information on the competition J2 of D.H. Cottingham. The car was sold to D.H. Cottingham by Waddington Motors NW6. He gained second class awards in the March 1935 JCC Brooklands Rally and West Hants AC Trial. This information is from Jeremy Hawkes records. We have recently identified ALX 124 as being J4129.

I have the dismantled remains of this car which I intend to rebuild as a ' competition ' model, ( if that's a correct term ) and I am seeking any help or guidance as to what this model would have looked like. Ideally if anyone has any photographs or other information that would be most helpful. What is known about D.H.Cottingham ? Thanks in advance for any help.

Chris ( J2353 ) & ( J4129 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.

Edited by - MG Maverick on 28/06/2015 12:59:59

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 29/06/2015 :  11:25:08  Show Profile
I have just had a reply from Peter Jaques of the ' Kithead Trust ', unfortunately all records from London registrations and any surviving records were destroyed in the late 1970s and no further information is available from that source. Speaking to DVLA today, ALX 124 is unissued so can be reallocated at some stage.

Chris ( J2353 ) & ( J4129 )

Brighton, East Sussex & Paphos, Cyprus.

Edited by - MG Maverick on 29/06/2015 11:25:42
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000