Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Hills and Sprints 2011
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2011 :  08:10:57  Show Profile
Had an email from Bruce Weston this morning. A solid interesting mix, but lacking quite a few expected entrants. If your still thinking about it spaces avaiable if your quick!!!!

CLASS 1b Sports saloons and touring cars pre 1941
Tony Baller VSCC Hotchkiss Type 615

CLASS 2a Pre 1955 std and mod sports cars up to 750c.c
Penny Jones VSCC Austin 7 ( Ulster Rep, )

CLASS 2b Pre 1955 std and mod sports cars 751-1100cc un s/c and up to 750cc supercharged

Philip Coombs MG J2
Jeremy Hawke MG J2
Andrew Morland MG PA
Brian Galbraith MG J2
Frank Ashley MG M type
Michael Linward MG J2
Ian Mackay MG J2

CLASS 2c Pre 1955 std and mod sports cars 1101-1500cc un s/c and up to 1100cc supercharged

David Butler MG TD
Stephen Wickers Dellow Mk11
Chris Pamplin Dargue MG
Richard Pinknett MG TA
Hamish Grant Riley Kestrel Spl
Mark Dolton MG PB
Stuart Evans MG J Spl
Howard Harman MG PA
Richard Jenkins MG N Magnette

CLASS 2f Pre 1955 Racing - sports racing and hillclimb specials
Ian Baxter MG Bellevue Spl
John Bishop MG PA/TC

See you Sat.

M

Mark Dolton

Edited by - Dolts on 01/09/2011 08:12:20
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  09:59:39  Show Profile
Not forgetting Ian Coxen J2 in Class 2b....
A return to speed events for Ian after quite a few years.
There's a new competitive spirit flowing in the local VSCC natter here in Cornwall!

Ian's ultralight J2 was a fast car in it's day.
Great to see him fired up again.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  13:55:22  Show Profile
class 2b looks like a great triple M battle. 2c is an interesting challenge, pre 1957 and up to 1500cc could be a bit of a stretch for a PB! Will have to find a short cut

Car going well but Just need to have a look at worrying engine noise, straight cut gears on the front of new cam making a hell of a din!

BBQ will be fired up on Friday eve in campsite if anyone is about!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2011 :  20:00:14  Show Profile
The "form book" suggests a clear winner in 2b. Who else will get under 60 sec? J2396 is running std ratios at the moment, not the "demon" ones that were worth 5 sec in others hands, so count me out for starters!

No pressure Ian

JH
Go to Top of Page

JMH

United Kingdom
911 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  16:34:21  Show Profile
Probably better in the "Technical" part of the forum, but the mysterious miss-fire that plagued me all day yesterday has now disappeared. I spent all morning trying to persuade it to show itself again, running many miles up hill & down dale, but to no avail! I can only conclude that either a night shut outside in the trailer taught the J2 a lesson, or that the air down in Devon is different to that in the rest of the South West......

Given that several of us had the miss-fire gremlins yesterday, I strongly suspect the Devon & Cornwall O2!

JH
Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2011 :  20:30:14  Show Profile
What a great day, dodgy weather just made it more of a challenge! I had to change plugs just before the first run after a misfire...must have been the mizzle!!!! Great bunch of triple m. Members hugely enjoyable and worth the travel! Hats off to mr moorland very quick in the slippy conditions again.
Great day out thanks to all involved!

Mark Dolton
Go to Top of Page

etlanpa

United Kingdom
560 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2011 :  11:35:05  Show Profile
I've heard no end of mis-fire stories recently - nearly all of them have been down to poor quality coils & condensors!
Have you checked these??
Lucas even stopped making the 'Sports' coil after a spate of quality problems...
The advice I was given was to purchase a genuine Bosch coil (for Land/Range Rover in my case) and a Swiftune Competion condensor

Edited by - etlanpa on 12/09/2011 11:35:23
Go to Top of Page

briang

United Kingdom
218 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2011 :  11:47:43  Show Profile
Agreed it was an very enjoyable day out, and the weather made it interesting underfoot.
Pleased to have less mechanical maladies than last year, but still well off the pace in this class. Second gear all the way up, and now more seriously considering this hotter MMM cam that's available. And maybe a bit of flywheel lightening, as everybody seems to do. I'm assuming that won't give me any higher revs, which I think is what I actually lack. And rebuild the carbs, and......etc etc

Was please to have some interest when promoting the Camel Vale hillclimb at "Castle" (near Bodmin) for next season. Three of us entered this year, three more expressed interest at Wiscombe. I'll post details when appropriate - it's held in July and August.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

philcoombs

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - 13/09/2011 :  12:00:32  Show Profile
Yes it was a great day and an interesting introduction to driving the hill - thought you all (nearly all) might like a reminder of the day.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000