Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Bearing for J2 engine..
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  19:45:20  Show Profile
I’m gathering parts to build a fresh engine for my J2. I have a block and have just ordered a new crank and rods from Charlie, I still would like to find a C Type / J4 front housing and water pump, plus the crankshaft bearing (the one with the split inner ring)... I’d prefer an original one if possible (I heard that there were some on the market, but don’t recall where)... I do NOT want a Chinese manufactured one..!

Many thanks in anticipation,

Mark.

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  19:57:22  Show Profile
Mark,
Richard Hardy, Vintage MG Parts, may have some original crankshaft split bearings.
John R
Go to Top of Page

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  20:21:49  Show Profile
Thank you John, of course, why didn’t think of Richard... (and he’s usually my ‘Go - To' Guy for most other things..)..

Cheers,
Mark.
Go to Top of Page

Fido

United Kingdom
31 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2020 :  20:36:20  Show Profile
I've just bought a bearing from Richard - he has a few of the RHP originals in perfect condition according to his facebook page. BTW, I don't seem to see him around on the forum these days - anybody know why?

Fido
Go to Top of Page

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  07:45:39  Show Profile
Thank you for the prompt replies, I spoke to Richard and have secured the Bearing (he’s only got a couple left...!).

The reason he’s not been seen around here recently is that the ‘Committee’ have BANNED him from the Forum for 3 Months...! It appears that he was trying to warn members about some unscrupulous Trader in the MMM / T Type world. Something smells nasty here..!

Mark.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6003 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  08:26:05  Show Profile
Mark,
I’m not a member of the Committee and so have no knowledge of the matter you refer to but I don’t understand why you placed Committee in quotation marks as though somehow you think it hasn’t any legitimacy. As in any properly constituted club, in this case the MG Car Club, the Triple-M Register Committee is elected by the membership of the Register and has the responsibility to manage the affairs of the Register, including this website and Forum. If you’re not happy with the way the Committee operates, then take it up with them rather than make unfounded allegations here, assuming of course that you’re a member of the Register.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  10:29:40  Show Profile
Mark

Simon is quite correct in what he says.

The rules for using the Forum are clearly set out under the the sticky on the General Information page under the heading "Forum Etiquette & Guidance"

George

Edited by - George Eagle on 09/07/2020 10:33:39
Go to Top of Page

Mark T Boldry

United Kingdom
95 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  21:36:24  Show Profile
Simon & George, many thanks for your warm and friendly comments to my request and reply.

My response to Simon and George..

Simon, I’m somewhat bamboozled and flabbergasted by your positively hostile comments. You quote "I’m not a member of the Committee and so have no knowledge of the matter you refer to” yet you feel justified in criticising my humble response.. In what capacity are you doing this..?

In a ‘Thank You’ to John Reid and Fido for their very helpful and speedy response to my question and in response to Fido’s question regarding Richard Hardy’s absence from the forum in recent days, I simply answered the question in black and white. My knowledge of the alleged banning of Richard Hardy from the Forum was passed to me directly from Richard himself when I asked him the question when placing the order for my Bearing.

Simon, you accuse me of making ‘unfounded allegations’. I’m not sure as to what you are referring to... Is it that Richard Hardy has been banned from the Forum, or is it that we have unscrupulous traders in our midst, or is it indeed that I’m building a spare J2 engine for myself...?

George, your comment seems a little superfluous, Simon has made his comments, unfoundedly in my opinion, yet you seem to want to back him up... For what purpose? Is there something underlying going on here that we should know about but nobody is saying..?

I feel as I’m the guy who has asked a question, made a thank you and answered a question posed in one of the postings, yet, I’m getting shot at for no known reason...

Gentlemen, I am very aware of "Forum Etiquette & Guidance” and know of no misdemeanour on my part. I have been in many Committee positions (including President) of Car Clubs and Registers in the World. I feel that your hostile approach is not at all in the spirit or interest of such forums.

If someone offered you a bar of gold but unbeknown to you, the bar was red hot, would you take it..? If someone were to inform you that the bar of gold were red hot, would you still take it and burn your hand, or would you shoot the messenger.? I believe information given in good faith should be taken in good faith.

I hope next time I visit these pages, I get a better reaction from Committee members and non Committee members.

Mark T Boldry
Register Member since 2003

PS I have never seen or been aware of any committee positions, nominations or voting processes for the MMM Register, please advise.
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6003 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  22:10:25  Show Profile
Unfounded allegations: “Something smells nasty here ..!”

Register AGM (last year's as like all clubs, in person meetings have had to be postponed this year) https://www.triple-mregister.org/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16011

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

PeterL

United Kingdom
1711 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2020 :  22:57:28  Show Profile
My comments under "General" refer.

I can report that there has been further correspspondence with one committee member which I hope will lead to positive action, but I prefer to keep it off the forum pages.

P
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000