Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Parts Wanted
 Wanted pair: brake levers, cams, pivot arms, etc
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

craig.cootsona

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  17:05:04  Show Profile
Hello,

I'm building a pair of 12" brakes for the rear axle and looking for a pair of levers, pivots arms, and cams to complete the job. Even some old worn out parts could be used as a template to make a new set. Alternatively, measured drawings would be helpful too. Any leads are much appreciated.

Craig

Cheers,
Craig
TA2962

Edited by - craig.cootsona on 11/07/2020 17:20:13

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2020 :  19:56:59  Show Profile
Hello Craig,

As a matter of interest does your enquiry relate to a Triple-M car? I enquire because your Forum profile doesn#t mention one!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

craig.cootsona

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2020 :  03:45:55  Show Profile
Hello Dick,

Glad you asked! I'd love to own a Triple-M car but at the moment I'm completing a '38 TA special built on an orphaned TA chassis. It was the oldest chassis I could locate at the time. I very much enjoy the community on this site and it gives me confidence that help and advice are available when I'm ready to find one. However, the rule is one project at a time so I need to complete the current project first, and most importantly my wife must approve!

Feel free to e-mail me and I'll send along some photos of my progress.

Best regards,
Craig

Cheers,
Craig
TA2962
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2020 :  10:32:05  Show Profile
Craig. Most of the brake parts you are looking for are available new from our usual suppliers, Sports & Vintage, Barry Walker and Richard Hardy - subject in the case of Richard to a possible delay due to his having been banished to the "naughty step" for a month or two.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2020 :  11:06:53  Show Profile
Colin, I am sure that your comment about Richard Hardy (Vintage M G Parts) was made in slight jest, but for the avoidance of doubt the Register has done nothing to impede the progress of Rich's business, which is available as usual.

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

craig.cootsona

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 13/07/2020 :  15:08:26  Show Profile
Thank you for the references Colin. I've sent E-mails so hopefully one will have them. Richard didn't stock them but he suggested S&V or Barry. I'd much prefer to use original or good reprodcution MG parts wherever avaiable.

Cheers,
Craig
TA2962
Go to Top of Page

craig.cootsona

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2020 :  05:19:05  Show Profile
I've been in touch with Barry and he has many of the pieces I need. Thank you again for the suggestions! Another chassis will get back on the road.

Cheers,
Craig
TA2962
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2020 :  10:20:52  Show Profile
You are right Dick - there was a degree of jest in my comment, but I am genuinely concerned about the matter of Richard's temporary banning. I would have thought that a stern verbal warning would have been quite sufficient - unless a verbal warning had been given and had been ignored. Richard already has his own Facebook page from which I am "banned" as I do not "do" Facebook (o.k. that is my choice). But if Richard takes umbrage against what he and a few others might feel was undue admonishment, he could be forgiven for not bothering with the Register, which would be a shame for us all.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

paul55

Luxembourg
728 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2020 :  15:46:49  Show Profile
Agree with you Colin, I for one hope that Rich is back soon among us all.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000