Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Thoughts on future Events and Tours
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

colintf

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2020 :  15:28:42  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth Taylor

And there is the Annual Summer Gathering, which last year was a huge social event.

Elizabeth

Without a doubt, one of the highlights of the year Elisabeth

As Mark suggested, Angouleme is sure to be a treat for all the senses and it would be great to see spectators there :)

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6004 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2020 :  15:54:30  Show Profile
Oh dear! My point was simply that, by and large, the Register Committee does not, and indeed could not, organise small scale local/regional events like Cars and Coffee or breakfast meets, or whatever and that using the existing MGCC geographically based Centres with Triple-M Centre Reps might be a way forward. And my understanding was that the Summer Picnic was generously organised by the Green family and is not a Register event organised by the Committee. Similarly, the social side of the racing appears, from the outside at least, to be organised by those who organise the racing - not by the Committee. Certainly in my brief time on Committee I was not aware of any events being organised by the Committee itself apart from having a stand at Silverstone, or Stoneleigh or wherever.

So I think Tim's role is an important one but social events can’t just consist of weekends off to the continent and such like. Not all of us are conveniently located for such things, and not all of us would necessarily wish to incur the expense involved. But more regular local or regional get togethers might appeal to more people and a national committee can’t really do that, but Centre Reps might be able to.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2020 :  15:59:43  Show Profile
Having only toured on the Continent in my MGB GT with its rather better luggage space, I love the idea of going across the Channel in the P however, luggage/spares. This is a problem with probably a majority of Triple M cars.

If a group of Triple Ms were going over, might it be worth considering joint funding of a 5cwt van with driving shared and which then could carry luggage and a thoughtfully planned joint spares package?

Angouleme is indeed a great trip which about half a dozen cars from our local non MG group did in 2016.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 24/11/2020 :  17:44:45  Show Profile
As a Brands and Donnington 'supporter, hanger on, enthusiast or what ever' I can never understand why there are not hundreds there! They are both super social occasions, quite apart from the racing!
Similarly the Summer Gathering, my first time last year, is also a wonderful occasion.
Both events should be run in 'slow motion' so that one has time to appreciate what is going on and have time to speak and meet everybody!
If I can organise it, I would like a place in the Hampton Court event, please, as it is a place I was wanting to go to any way!!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

Hugh

United Kingdom
73 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2020 :  10:18:59  Show Profile
In normal times a regular local meeting occurs in Norfolk for Triple M and T Types each mid month Wednesday, normally at the Rising Sun public house at Coltishall. There is a large car park with tables out side by the River Bure. Gather from around 11 for coffee then lunch and most disperse soon after lunch. Sometimes we meet at a place of interest elsewhere in the County for a change. An excellent enjoyable event, mildly competitive in that the Triple Ms try to out number the T Types. The group has been going about six years. We have had up to 4 J2s, 3 P Types, and an M Type. Rather a lot of grey haired chaps, but some wives attend as well. Any interested not on our circulation list please get in touch. Thank you.

Hugh
J3091
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2020 :  17:30:27  Show Profile
Thanks all - a lot of good ideas. It would be great to keep the momentum going.

Breakfast/Brunch meets. It seems these are already taking place in one form or another in Somerset, Yorkshire, and Norfolk. I wonder if we can extend it to other areas? To take up on Simon's suggestion - is a Triple-M Area Representative the way forward?

Hampton Court Palace, Concours de Elegance

7 or 8 expressions of interest. I will have a discount code shortly to allow a booking to be made on the organisers website.

A day at the Races
Offering support to our racing teams at Brands Hatch seems like a great day out. Will certainly look into it. Does it clash with the Stilton and Pork Pie Tour, 26-29th April 2021?

Short European Tours
Angouleme - racing at Circuit des Ramparts,has been mentioned more than once. If there is a Triple-M race planned then so much the better. Having visited in 2015 I can vouch that it's a fun 5 days. Easy two day drive down. Two days at Angouleme. Racing on the Saturday and an organised rally including lunch on Sunday. Depart Monday. As Dave suggests maybe there is a member who wants to attend though will drive down in a modern taking the bags?
Scenic Car Tours does cover this event https://www.sceniccartours.com/angouleme They offer a Covid guarantee of no deposit and /or full refund by January 31st.

All food for thought - please keep the ideas coming in and I'll try to put a little more meat on the bones.

Tim

Go to Top of Page

Dolts

United Kingdom
1128 Posts

Posted - 25/11/2020 :  20:35:44  Show Profile
Sounds amazing!

Brands is 25th April

Think race day at Angouleme is Sunday.

Tim, hook up with Duncan Potter he has all the race details for 2021.

Mark Dolton
www.triple-mracing.com

Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 27/11/2020 :  18:33:35  Show Profile
Another French event that our local group did last year was the Grand Prix de Tours: https://www.grandprixdetours.com/

Run once only,decades ago, as an actual GP, this is a commemoration and consists of a tour you can pay to go on one day with a "luncheon Français" included. The following day consists of so called demonstration runs by everything from WO Bentleys to AH Sprites around a street circuit not in Tours but Chinon.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Ian Grace

USA
652 Posts

Posted - 28/11/2020 :  16:19:37  Show Profile
Just a cheeky little plug for Pre-War Prescott where lots of MMM's gather and there is an annual award for the best MMM voted by the MMM owners present. And then the Sunday nav rally/tour.

Also, I'd like to mention that yesterday the landlord of the Old Bull at Inkberrow, Worcestershire joined the VMR with his newly-acquired 1932 Minor, so I'm suggesting a New Year's Day meet at the pub, which, like so many others, is struggling to stay afloat amid this current nonsense. The Old Bull may be known to you as the pub in the long-running BBC radio serial 'The Archers', and Inkberrow is 'Ambridge'. Possibly the most quintessentially English pub in the realm. Drop me a PM or e-mail if you might like to come along.

Edited by - Ian Grace on 28/11/2020 16:21:47
Go to Top of Page

Tim Luffingham

United Kingdom
342 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  12:48:05  Show Profile
Ian - I have added this to the Events page. If anyone else has any get together's they wish to advertise I am happy to do the same.

Tim
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1485 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2020 :  15:37:40  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Tim Luffingham

Ian - I have added this to the Events page. If anyone else has any get together's they wish to advertise I am happy to do the same.

Tim

Hi Tim,
Did you add PreWar Prescott as well?
Cheers
Colin

Colin Murrell
PA0786 (D0285 previously)
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000