Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Hello
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2012 :  08:17:24  Show Profile
Attached photos of my ' other ' cars..all restored by me.

Chris

spitfire

United Kingdom
371 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2012 :  09:53:01  Show Profile
Any photos pre loving care? Or tales of intrigue how you acquired them?
How does the J2 rank, as a project, next to these beauties?
Chrome on brass/steel, for instance...Some parts are solid and stable but pitting,dents, means chemically going back to "ground zero."
Go to Top of Page

bahnisch

Australia
674 Posts

Posted - 20/12/2012 :  23:16:34  Show Profile
They look nice! Congrats on the restorations! You seem a bit of a Rover man, I have a 1912 Rover 12 Tourer. It is a genuine 1912 model, shorter wheelbase. Excellent cars, we have covered several thousand miles in ours. I also have a couple of early MG's, an M-type and an F2 (replica).
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 01/01/2013 :  16:41:11  Show Profile
Yes, I am a Roverite !. Are you a member of the RSR, if so you will have seen many of my technical articles in ' Freewheel '. My current project is the re-restoration of ' Snowdrop ' resplendant in white in the photos.
The P4 ' Topsy Turvy ' I purchased in 1979 and was my daily driver for many years. I must admit I do enjoy the elegance and sheer comfort of the Rover. Also I do enjoy the historical aspect, Rover was very innovative, culminating in the gas turbine testing. Also not widely known but a Rover was the original ' Blue Train ', Bentley came along six months later to claim the ' title ' .
Regards,

Chris
Go to Top of Page

MG Maverick

United Kingdom
1045 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2013 :  13:33:57  Show Profile
I am sorry for uploading photographs of my current projects which are Rover, but I promise to screen photographs of our J2 restoration and reassembly once I get it repatriated to the UK later this year.

Latest photograph is of the trial fitting this morning ( 4 Jan 2013 )of the restored bodyshell back on the chassis after a years work. The car is our Rover P1 10hp 1934 ( White car in the photos )

Chris

Edited by - MG Maverick on 04/01/2013 13:35:39
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000