Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Mystery MMM in Vancouver
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  05:42:10  Show Profile
I maintain a modest dataBase of Triple M cars in Canada, but this one continues to elude me.

A couple of years ago, a friend sent me the below pic of a Triple M car parked on the streets of Vancouver.

Unlike many US states and in the UK, Canadian provinces don't disclose owners of a particular registration, as is the case of this car in BC despite the obvious 'Collector' plate.

Anybody got any ideas?

Gord Clark
Rockburn, Qué.

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 18/10/2013 :  10:48:51  Show Profile
Hi Gord

I could not find the Registration number in the 2013 printed Register.

George
L2023
Go to Top of Page

fivestar

Philippines
33 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2013 :  23:38:04  Show Profile
All I could find out is that it is a PA which was imported from the UK in 1976.
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1526 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  07:21:12  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by fivestar

All I could find out is that it is a PA which was imported from the UK in 1976.

In which case, I strongly suspect that this is the car my father purchased and sent over to Canada on behalf of the owner whose name escapes me but I think he was a Brit ex-pat whom my father knew. I will check with Dad over the next few days as he will very probably be able to recall the name. My recollection is that the guy had more than one Triple-M car.

I can remember going with Dad to collect the car, which I think came from Chelmsford. The car was driven (hood up) back to Cambridge on a very rainy day which proved an absolute nightmare because it was quite a winding route and the wipers stopped working after the first couple of miles. Also, the handling was awful. It transpired that the front axle was on back to front.
Go to Top of Page

farley1

Canada
152 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  21:31:46  Show Profile
The photographer of this MG replied saying it frequently is seen in the Kitsalano area of Vancouver.
Go to Top of Page

fivestar

Philippines
33 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2013 :  23:19:35  Show Profile
My info stated that the car appears infrequently at Vancouver MG events and resides in Kitsalino, BC. It was shipped over in 1976 together with an MG TA.
Go to Top of Page

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  02:55:04  Show Profile
Thanks to you gentlemen and a J2 owner in Victoria, I was able to pin-point the owner of the PA. He's a lawyer and owner of the Steam Whistle (Micro) Brewery in Vancouver. I have his coordinates but he doesn't respond to my e-mails, hence no chassis nbr.

Thanks to everybody who pitched in.

Gord Clark
Rockburn, Qué.
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  11:09:18  Show Profile
Do they not do brewery tours Gord? Maybe you could combine two pleasurs!

Dave
Go to Top of Page

kimber

United Kingdom
1526 Posts

Posted - 21/01/2014 :  18:10:08  Show Profile
Referring to my earlier post, it was actually the front axle wedges the wrong way round. Still can't remember his name, but now you've said 'lawyer' I'm sure that's him. Not sure how my father got to know him.

Edited by - kimber on 21/01/2014 18:10:26
Go to Top of Page

Jamie

Canada
218 Posts

Posted - 14/02/2014 :  22:25:05  Show Profile
Gord
I'm retired now and back in Vancouver. I'll keep an eye out for this car and casually drop into the brewery - sounds like one of those tough chores...
Jamie
Go to Top of Page

gordclark

Canada
170 Posts

Posted - 21/02/2014 :  03:19:37  Show Profile
Jamie,

I've sent you an e-mail.

Note small correction. Owner of MG is owner of Steamworks Brewery - (not Steam Whistle)

Gord Clark
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000