Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Brands Hatch Preview
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Foz

United Kingdom
761 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2017 :  22:25:29  Show Profile
My thanks to Oliver for turning the Rat out so well and in time..... and apologies for the bearing failure......was good to be out on the track in a Triple-M.... though not quite such a "grandstand view" as from the "Lorry"!
Great to see everyone and the cars.
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  09:04:02  Show Profile
Well that was some weekend !! Firstly, I want to say a really big thank you to everyone who looked after Emma and the girls following my incident, I am hugely grateful for that, thank you. Also, thank you all for the kind words offered to me over the last few days, I am very touched by your support. These things do happen, ultimately no major harm done, car not hugely damaged and only a few bruises for me.....(Having said this I am well aware of how lucky I was, similar incidents in recent times have led to very much more serious outcomes than experienced by me.)

So, incident aside, what a great weekend. A fabulous collection of racing cars and people. We are very lucky in the MMM world to have such a great bunch of people....

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next outing, probably Cadwell, although we will be at Wiscombe next weekend ( J2 i think !!)

All best for now, Duncan.

Pots
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1484 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  11:07:38  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Pots

Well that was some weekend !! Firstly, I want to say a really big thank you to everyone who looked after Emma and the girls following my incident, I am hugely grateful for that, thank you. Also, thank you all for the kind words offered to me over the last few days, I am very touched by your support. These things do happen, ultimately no major harm done, car not hugely damaged and only a few bruises for me.....(Having said this I am well aware of how lucky I was, similar incidents in recent times have led to very much more serious outcomes than experienced by me.)

So, incident aside, what a great weekend. A fabulous collection of racing cars and people. We are very lucky in the MMM world to have such a great bunch of people....

Looking forward to seeing everyone again at the next outing, probably Cadwell, although we will be at Wiscombe next weekend ( J2 i think !!)

All best for now, Duncan.

Pots

looking forward to seeing you at Wiscombe. Relieved at only bruises. If there's anything I can do, just ask. Cheers, Colin

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
761 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  19:34:23  Show Profile
Hi All,
couple of musings re Brands.....
I wonder how much Fred B. had paid Richard J. to park there so the race got red flagged just as I was about to overtake him........
We had a very wet trip home so the Q-type sat on the trailer until the morning and was then quite dry...... on starting up Hamish was at the front and put a bit of choke on the SU for me and I pressed th button... it started INSTANTLY (not what it usually does !)....and a jet of water exited the breather hole on the top of the SU dash pot... I am now in a bit of a quandary about the amount of extra "damping" which gave the good starting. Help and suggestions would be welcome.
yours anxiously
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Centric

United Kingdom
139 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  21:37:31  Show Profile
I suggest you take the Q to Alham Splash for extensive damping testing.
Great to hear that you are out again.
Alan
Go to Top of Page

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3228 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  12:41:47  Show Profile
Just one more picture, this time of the Duncan Potter C type - it is pleasing to read that, like the driver, the car did not suffer any major damage.

George
L2023

Edited by - George Eagle on 03/05/2017 12:42:36
Go to Top of Page

Pots

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  18:19:51  Show Profile
Thanks George, great picture..... I am guessing that the casual look on my face and visor up mean it must be the post chequered flag lap....(practise obviously !)

Question; Did anyone see my green 5 gallon metal Jerry Can at the end, I must have left it at Brands...?

Pots
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
761 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  18:26:46  Show Profile
Hi Duncan,
glad to hear you are ok. Been there and done it so know how PXXD OFF you feel !
There was a Jerry can .... we were one of the last to leave and we were asked if it was ours.....so it is known about but can't remember who had it ! Senior moment.
The "headmaster" will tell you off if you drive around with your visor up.... even after the chequered flag....something else know.....
Will try and get to Wiscombe for a chat..... let me know if there is anything I can do to help.
FOZ.
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1484 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  19:26:03  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Pots

Thanks George, great picture..... I am guessing that the casual look on my face and visor up mean it must be the post chequered flag lap....(practise obviously !)

Question; Did anyone see my green 5 gallon metal Jerry Can at the end, I must have left it at Brands...?

Pots

I nearly took it home with me, but the good news is I convinced Andrew Morland to take it home. I am sure he can bring it to wiscomb on Sunday for you, but I have no contact details for him :)

Hope you are mending well and fast mate, give Emma and the girls a hug from Steffi and I

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)

Edited by - colintf on 03/05/2017 19:27:47
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  10:44:13  Show Profile
My, what a fabulous weekend, though very glad the roll ended as it did and not differently!

Did anyone take a pic of the results sheet for Race 2 or took home a copy which he or she can forward to me, please?

Some human interest shots (Nick, can you please flip a few?):

Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  10:58:14  Show Profile
Cat,

You should find what you want on this link.

http://www.tsl-timing.com/file/?f=MGCC/2017/171753mmm.pdf

Peter
Go to Top of Page

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  11:05:34  Show Profile
Thanks, Peter!
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1484 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2017 :  11:07:37  Show Profile
love the Photo's Cat :) Thankyou!

D0285
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2017 :  09:28:39  Show Profile
Thank you all for such a wonderful weekend! People, cars and friendship superb!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000