Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MGCC Silverstone 2017
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

George Eagle

United Kingdom
3229 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  11:03:50  Show Profile
Colin

Bryan has kindly agreed to his PB 4 seater being on display on the veranda of the Club's marquee on both days.

Dick is looking for a car to be displayed in the Register's own marquee.

George
L2023

Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  12:54:33  Show Profile
Colin and George are of course correct. Bryan's recently restored four-seater PB will have pride of place on the veranda of the main Club marquee.

The Saturday display car in the Register's own marquee will be a very nice (correction: )PB airline coupe. Would anyone like to offer their car for display on the Sunday?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 05/06/2017 15:15:16
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1482 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2017 :  10:20:21  Show Profile
Dick, I am not really a "show" person at all, but if you get no other takers you are welcome to put my PA in the MMM Marquee on the Sunday. I am planning to be at Silvers on both the Saturday and the Sunday and do not plan to return home to Southwick until the Monday. By the time I get to Silverstone I hope to have washed off the last of the Kimber Trial mud - but I will make no promises in that regard.
However, I expect that you will get plenty of other more suitable offers before then.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2017 :  11:14:28  Show Profile
Thanks, Colin and I'm very sorry for the delay in responding to your offer. We'd be delighted to see PA1185 in the Register's marquee on Sunday. It would be a fitting reward for the copious miles you travel in the car.

I have just had a call from the MGCC Anglia Centre's chairman, Peter Skipper. They would like to include a Triple-M car in their village green display adjacent to the main Club marquee. They are looking for a car for both days but it could be a different one on each day. Would interested parties kindly contact Peter Skipper on 07445 932323 or e-mail peter.skipper@rocketmail.com

Thanks - and by the way, the weather forecast for the Silverstone weekend is pretty good

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1482 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2017 :  10:25:12  Show Profile
O.K. Dick. I will be there but let me say that if something special turns up during the next week, I will happily stand aside. That will be no problem.

Colin.
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2017 :  21:09:32  Show Profile
Silverstone is just a few days away now.

The Register team is ready to greet you in our own marquee.

• Three Triple-M display cars have been procured
• We have power to fuel our tea urn
• Beverages and comestibles have been obtained for your enjoyment
• Andy King is poised with examples of castings and information about this fascinating and complex technique
• Our librarian will have stocks of Register books and other publications for you to purchase including the new yearbook and index of cars

Will you be there? We hope so!

Might you be able to volunteer an hour of your time to support the team?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 13/06/2017 :  21:40:15  Show Profile
Here is an update on the California Cup from a Triple-M perspective. The competition takes place on Saturday morning 17 June as mentioned earlier in this thread.

Sad to say, currently we have only two Triple-M entrants: Graham Arrondelle in his blown swept wing PA and Philip Bayne-Powell in one of his cars.

So the door is wide open for more entrants - organiser Noel Lindford would like to stress that this is a fun, non damaging competition. There will be three tests and competitors have three possible goes on each of them, so there will be plenty of driving time!. The arena size is 110 metres by 70 metres and the tests make maximum possible use of this area to provide a dynamic set of flowing tests, most of it in a forward direction with just a few reverses - so minimal risk to your half shafts!

Even at this stage you can get your entry in - it's free of charge and you can contact Noel Lindford on 07432 152095 or noel.lindford@btinternet.com

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 14/06/2017 :  13:53:51  Show Profile
Pleased to report that we now have three entrants for the California cup event on Saturday. Any more?

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 16/06/2017 :  20:28:00  Show Profile
Triple-M cars are beginning to converge on Silverstone. Bryan Ditchman's 4-seater PB is already there and Diccon Masterman's M-type is en route from Devon.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2017 :  18:50:32  Show Profile
There was a prett good showing of triple-M owners at today's MG live! day at Silverstone.

Thanks to all of you who turned up to spend time with us in our marquee – we hope you enjoyed that. Special thanks to our almost tireless volunteers, albeit they nearly melted in the heat!

In response to suggestions, although we would like as many of you as possible to spend the entire day with us tomorrow, might I suggest that if you would like a rendezvous time to meet with fellow enthusiasts, pleasr gather at 12 noon in our marquee which is adjacent to the V8 marquee by the Copse runway.

I'll post some pictures a bit later.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 17/06/2017 22:42:17
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6010 Posts

Posted - 17/06/2017 :  21:50:16  Show Profile
My spies tell me that the California Cup was won by the Ulster Centre team. No surprise there, then

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2017 :  10:22:33  Show Profile
And did your spies mention who took the Register Trophy?

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6010 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2017 :  11:05:36  Show Profile
They didn't, Graham, but I'm hoping someone will.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

MaGic_GV

United Kingdom
868 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2017 :  17:50:28  Show Profile
The Triple M team, of course! Tim Luffingham in his lovely 4 seat PA, Phil Bayne Powell in the ND and Graham Arrondelle in his PA.

Regards,
Graham
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6010 Posts

Posted - 18/06/2017 :  17:55:03  Show Profile
Excellent. Thanks, Graham.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic