Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 2019 Register Summer Gathering
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2019 :  12:37:47  Show Profile
Most of you will know that with the cancellation of MG Live the focus of the celebration of the 90th anniversary of the commencement of Triple-M production has shifted to the Annual Register Summer Gathering. This is the 15th Gathering and this year's event, which is much enlarged compared with previous years will take place on Sunday the 7th of July at Peter Green's home at Farnham Royal, Buckinghamshire.

The planning of this event is well underway and you will already have seen that entry forms are now available via our website. You can download yours at http://www.triple-mregister.org/uploads/retro/2019%20Entry%20Form.pdf

Entry forms will also be included in the next issue of the Bulletin.

What can you expect?

- The event is open to all Triple-M owners and their friends, whether or not their cars are on the road;
- A friendly gathering and a wide range of cars;
- Special attendances of overseas members and some rather exotic cars;
- A much larger gathering than usual, because the upper limit on the number of cars has been relaxed to allow 160 people to attend;
- A large marquee – larger than the one that some of you saw at Brands Hatch – with plenty of space for exhibits, display cars and shelter if it rains;
- Our friends in the MGCC vintage register will also be joining us, so you can expect the company of some larger brethren!
- Pride of place will be given to the M types and there may be a special class for them in the gentle afternoon Gymkhana that is an essential feature of the gathering;
- It is hoped that some of our trader friends will be present with their wares;

There will also be
- a self-judging Pride of Ownership competition,
- quizzes and other challenges,
- a bring and buy stall for you to sell and buy spares, memorabilia and other items.

The entry cost has been held at £15 per person, which will include a 90th anniversary souvenir per car, an information pack, a generous cold buffet lunch and drinks throughout the day.

You are encouraged to get your entry in quickly to avoid disappointment, as this is certain to be a very popular event! The closing date for entries is Friday 28th June. The maximum number of participants is restricted to 160 and entries will not be accepted on the day as Peter needs to know in advance how many people to cater for, so please do not delay! You should send your entry form to him at Greenacres, Purton Lane, Farnham Royal, Buckinghamshire, SL2 3LY, together with a cheque made payable to MG Car Club Triple-M Register.

You can be assured of a splendid day out!

If you have any queries, please get in touch with Peter Green direct – Tel: +44 (0)1753 643468 or e-mail: p.green@mgk3.co.uk

Dick Morbey, Register Secretary

Edited by - DickMorbey on 14/09/2019 13:40:48

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 30/05/2019 :  22:37:06  Show Profile
CALLING ALL M TYPE OWNERS

As I am sure you all know, at this year’s Summer Gathering on Sunday July 7th we will be celebrating, amongst other things, the 90th Anniversary of the commencement of Triple-M production in 1929. As part of this celebration we would like as many M types as possible on display as they were the first Triple-M model produced.

As of today, over 100 people have already entered but regrettably there are only 4 M types entered so far, so I am appealing to all M type owners to enter the event if they possibly can do so. Cars can be transported to the event on a trailer if you are coming from a long distance. If I get a few more M type entries I will ensure that there will be a separate M type class in the ‘Pride of Ownership’ and the ‘Gymkhana’
The closing date for entries is June 28th but please do not leave it to the last moment to enter as I need to have a very good idea of the number people attending before then.

Obviously, all other Triple-M owners and their friends, whether their cars are on the road or not, will be most welcome and there is still time to enter. Entry Forms can be downloaded here;-
http://www.triple-mregister.org/uploads/retro/2019%20Entry%20Form.pdf

If anyone has any questions please do not hesitate to contact me at p.green@mgk3.co.uk

Peter
Peter

Go to Top of Page

Teifion

United Kingdom
136 Posts

Posted - 24/06/2019 :  10:33:08  Show Profile
Sorry we won’t be joining you Peter, Diane had us booked elsewhere a while ago, hope you + all have a great day.

Best

Teifion.

Teifion
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
988 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2019 :  08:52:20  Show Profile
I'm curious to know why you edited your original post yesterday, Dick.

Colin

Crail, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2501 Posts

Posted - 15/09/2019 :  15:11:13  Show Profile
I had thought the same Colin and wonder if, in the case of very long posts like Dick's, there is any merit in using a different colour for any edited sections?

Dave
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000