Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Register touring event plans - 2020
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2019 :  15:26:07  Show Profile
Although the Register's 2019 touring event has not yet taken place, thoughts are already turning to 2020's tour.

We have been blessed with not one but two offers from members to organise an event! After careful thought the committee has decided to run with one of them, namely a four day/three night trip to the rolling countryside of Leicestershire and its byways - an area that the Register has previously neglected.

The event will be masterminded by Tony and Ruth Richards and Ron and Barbara Warr, with support and input from Register committee members. An outline plan has already been prepared and conversations are underway with the two shortlisted event hotels.

The tour will take you to places of scenic and touristic interest as well as those which have motoring and other transport credentials, thereby hopefully catering for all tastes! Andy King has also offered a visit to his workshop.

We need to make an early decision about when to run the tour. Possibilities include May 2020, perhaps June, maybe July, or early September. Care will be taken to avoid clashing with other MG-specific events. At this stage however we do not have a confirmed date for MG Live or specific dates in the Triple-M racing calendar, but we will be keeping a close watch on things.

The purpose of this notice is twofold:

1. To invite expressions of interest and

2. To find out which months people would prefer

Please will you post a reply to this topic or if you prefer, contact Tony Richards for outline details and to record your interest. Tony’s E-Mail Address is tony-ruth.richards@outlook.com

Thank you!

Dick Morbey
PA-PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

Edited by - DickMorbey on 11/09/2019 06:52:23

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2019 :  16:23:32  Show Profile
I'm up for it - not too far from Sir Geoffrey Boycott's homeland.

May - probably no - too many clashing events.
June - probably no - too hot
July - OK ?? tourist season
September - OK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
6000 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2019 :  21:23:37  Show Profile
Sounds good to me. We have an Ulster Centre Tour to Donegal from 11 to 14 May so we’d like to avoid those dates. And don’t forget Pre War Prescott is now 13/14 June and a clash with that would be most unfortunate. Otherwise we have no preferences at this stage.

Thank you Tony and Ruth and Ron and Barbara for undertaking this - most people have no idea of the work involved but it’s very much appreciated.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

Oz34

United Kingdom
2495 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2019 :  10:58:44  Show Profile
Sounds good to us and our choices would be:

1) September

2) May

Prefer to avoid June and July; busy months when other things are happening.

Many thanks for stepping up Tony & Ruth & Ron & Barbara.

Dave
Go to Top of Page

Colin McLachlan

United Kingdom
987 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  09:25:22  Show Profile
Count Barbara and me in subject to dates. No point in listing our personal unavailable dates (which are many), we'll just have to take pot luck.

Colin

Crail, Fife.
PA 0613
MG3242
Register No. 2591
Go to Top of Page

Bob Walker

United Kingdom
10 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2019 :  21:11:14  Show Profile
I am interested. May or June better than September. More hours of daylight.

RSW
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000