Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 P Type Overall Width
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2010 :  22:13:49  Show Profile
This is quoted in Blower and an Autocar Road Test as 4' 4 1/2". Is this over the wings or the wheel spinners? If the latter, can someone give me the width over the wings please.

Maurice Blakey.

Bob Stringfield

United Kingdom
854 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  12:22:55  Show Profile
PA 0603 / APP 186, not yet converted to a 'Q' replica, has shrunk in the wash; it measures 4' 4 1/4" over the original front wings. The wheel K.O nuts' width does not seem - visually - to be greater than that of the bodywork.

E & OE.

Measured with a steel tape. Presumably a laser measurer from the builders' merchants would be more accurate?

Blower's width is that given in the PA Instruction book. I doubt that there ever were two P-types with exactly the same dimension, given the tolerances of the period.

Perhaps someone with a dismantled front axle to hand can supply a set of measurements over the wheel-nuts.

Bob.

Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  13:19:37  Show Profile
PB 0533 (Cream Cracker) measures 4' 2 1/4" across the wheel spinners (measured by dropping two vertical lines from the edge of the spinners).

Peter

Go to Top of Page

Cymber

United Kingdom
966 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2010 :  20:49:25  Show Profile
Many thanks. Measured my rear axle today and it is 4' 1 1/4" so 4' 4 1/2" must be across the wings.

Maurice.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000