Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 M-type to Monte Carlo 2003 Yearbook
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sam christie

United Kingdom
3060 Posts

Posted - 12/07/2013 :  11:41:36  Show Profile
Brian I have tried to send you an email relating to your pictures , did you receive it?

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Nibor

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2013 :  17:09:58  Show Profile
It is great to see my old M type,the actual one we went to Monte Carlo in, as per the article.It seems to have suffered the ravages of time a little!The bike rack was because I was still involved in the cycling world, and we could carry 2 bikes to the start of aroad race that way.I don't know how it got to where it was found-I sold it to another cyclist(I think) in the South Manchester area.Does anyone know who supplied the picture with the bike on the rack, and where it is?

Robin Gordon
Go to Top of Page

AFM781

United Kingdom
190 Posts

Posted - 14/07/2013 :  17:35:56  Show Profile
Go to www.classiclightweights.co.uk site to see where the picture came up first, Peter Underwood who looks after the site will doubtless be able to give you the full story.

Peter Southart was the owner at the time of the photo, and was a rider of some note. In 1951 he was 4th in the Brighton to Glasgow 6 day stage race and won the King of the Mountains in the same event.

The picture and comments are presently going the rounds on the Pre-War Minor and Vintage Minor sites.

If one studies the membership lists of both the VSCC and The Veteran-Cycle Club there are a lot of people who have a common interest in both subjects.

Edited by - AFM781 on 14/07/2013 17:44:53
Go to Top of Page

Brian Kelly

USA
526 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2013 :  05:00:31  Show Profile

Sam,

I've written to you via the forum format.

Received?

Brian.
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3060 Posts

Posted - 17/07/2013 :  09:46:09  Show Profile
Brian, not received. Ray Masters has been in touch with me (the Forum system worked for Ray) and I have forwarded my email address which I hope he will to forward to you in turn.

I would like to share all the VU 5270 pictures I have with Robin Gordon.
I have not tried contacting Robin directly via the Forum.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2013 :  19:27:45  Show Profile
Good news, the engine of VU 5270 started for the first time on Monday 15th July, since 1973.It is about to join the club and the register. The new owner was pleased to hear it had been to Monte Carlo,and did not bust! He was also pleased to hear what the strange racks on the back were for! It was owned in Rochester, New York by a Douglas Drake in the 1970s,and came back to UK in 2011, complete with USA number plates, which are still with the car!
Front end straightened and new black wings, but not driven yet as he still to fabricate some seats.
Well done to the forum!
Mike

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3060 Posts

Posted - 18/07/2013 :  23:21:29  Show Profile
Good news Mike.I hope the new owner and Robin Gordon will soon be able to communicate directly.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

phil strange

United Kingdom
28 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2013 :  16:31:43  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sam christie

Good news Mike.I hope the new owner and Robin Gordon will soon be able to communicate directly.

Sam

hi everyone,im the new owner of vu 5270,ive just finished a complete engine rebuild and it runs sweet,ive only had mgb`s before,when were the photos taken of car as she is now and where.does anyone know when she went to usa,many thanks to mike hes a master of info,does anyone know when bodywork was altered reguards phil strange
Go to Top of Page

Robin Hamblett

United Kingdom
533 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2013 :  17:16:01  Show Profile
Hi Phil

Please could you contact me at robin.hamblett@gmail.com

I need to email you a register update form so I can continue the ownership history for your car.

Welcome to the register

Kind regards

Robin Hamblett
Triple M Register Registrar

J2 J3666 & J3 3764
Go to Top of Page

sam christie

United Kingdom
3060 Posts

Posted - 19/07/2013 :  18:21:03  Show Profile
Phil I have tried to send you an email via the Forum.

Sam
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000