Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 MGCC Silverstone 2017
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 28/05/2017 :  22:40:02  Show Profile
It's just occurred to me that although we have posted the date and details of the MG Car Club's Silverstone race weekend on the events section of this website, we haven't made use of the Forum to tell you about the arrangements that The Triple-M Register has planned for you.

To rectify that here is a quick rundown:

The dates
Saturday and Sunday 17 and 18 June

Will the Triple-M Register be present?

Yes!
- We will be in our own 9 x 6 metre marquee situated right next to the Register parking area adjacent to the Copse Runway.
- We will be offering free light refreshments throughout the weekend
- The library will be open for sales of publications and other items
- Andy King will be displaying and discussing casting techniques for various components (although we won't have a forge within the marquee!)
- There should be plenty of space for you to bring along and display your Triple-M car in the Register parking area
- Other attractions of interest to Triple-M owners include the California Cup competition on Saturday morning (Triple-M cars are very much welcomed to take part in this)
- and on Sunday morning we have the sprint which traditionally has attracted a number of Triple-M competitors'

Now a request!
At present we have a (very) small team of volunteers to staff the marquee over the weekend, but we are hoping that some of you will wish to help out by volunteering some of your time. Anyone interested in volunteering should please contact me or George Eagle as soon as possible. Thank you!

Are you coming along?
MGCC members enjoy a discount on entry tickets for the event - I think there is still time to order your tickets on line - see http://shop.mgcc.co.uk/product-category/mglive/mglive-2017-tickets/

We hope to see as many of you as possible at the event - it is always a great place to gather and renew acquaintance - and yes, I know there is no Triple-M race, but some of you may like to know that other races will include:

- MGCC Iconic 50s Series;
- A race for pre-1966 Touring cars from the Masters Series, giving visitors the chance to see BMW 2002s, Alfa Romeos, Lotus Cortinas, Ford Falcons and Mustangs battling it out against the ever competitive Mini Coopers;
- No fewer than 4 Equipe GTS races, with a total of 80 cars involved, ranging from Alfa Romeos to TVRs and of course MGs – with Midgets and MGBs completing a varied line-up.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2017 :  14:51:41  Show Profile
Thanks to the 208 folk who have read this item - does anyone feel moved to make a comment?

We're still looking for volunteers to help out over the weekend and of course would be glad to know who is planning to take part in the California Cup event (Sat) and the Sprint (Sun).

(Cups hand to ear awaiting replies .....)

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Foz

United Kingdom
760 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2017 :  16:10:26  Show Profile
Intend to do the sprint so will visit between runs !
FOZ
Go to Top of Page

Mike the M

United Kingdom
481 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2017 :  17:46:37  Show Profile
I am planning to come to help the Midland Centre with the camping from Friday, so will be able to help at some stage between taking pictures of M types!!

Mike Dalby
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2017 :  20:50:21  Show Profile
I've just had a call from Noel Linford of the Tyne Tees centre, who is organising the Cali cup.

So far he has received only one triple-M entry but we do know of two others in the pipeline. It would be great if we could put together a team of say half a dozen to take part in this mildly challenging event . Entry to the competition is free of charge, although admittedly you will need to pay to get into the circuit (just like everybody else!)

It could be you!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - 31/05/2017 :  21:07:22  Show Profile
Dick,

Isn't the California Cup the competition for teams from the regional centres? Are you perhaps thinking of the Register Trophy?

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  08:08:18  Show Profile
In part, yes, Simon. However the organisers are particularly keen that the Triple-M fraternity should itsself put together a group which would compete on a register basis. Seems like a natural progression of the club opening its arms to the Register just as it has done in the racing area.

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Simon Johnston

United Kingdom
5999 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2017 :  09:32:20  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by DickMorbey

In part, yes, Simon.

In part?

While the autotest event is somewhat erroneously now called the California Cup, just to be clear, the California Cup is for Centre teams in any type of M.G. (the Ulster Centre team is ready to go!). Of course a team of Triple-M cars from one centre could compete but it seems more likely that a Triple-M Team would be contesting the Register Trophy.

Simon J
J3437
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  15:33:09  Show Profile
So boiling things down to their essentials, are any more Triple-M folk planning to take part in this contest - and/or indeed the Sprint?

Don't forget that volunteers are urgently requested to 'man' the Register's marquee - offers please?

Thanks
Dick
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  16:44:10  Show Profile
Dick
Provided my latest granddaughter arrives on time, I am planning to attend and will do a stint.
Nick

Webmaster
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  17:40:32  Show Profile
Brilliant! How do you fancy doing a couple of (say) half hour 'seminars' on the mysteries of Mr. Lucas and his electrical wizardry?

Judging from the comments on the Forum there is a crying need for this knowledge - me included!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK

PS
Granddaughters are good news!

Edited by - DickMorbey on 02/06/2017 17:41:11
Go to Top of Page

colintf

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2017 :  20:34:16  Show Profile
Only 1 MMM in the sprint (just received the entry list, as will be photographing for the MGCC most of the weekend) PA but listed as 939cc shared drive Ian and Charles Goddard and is the only car listed in the MMM & Vintage MG's Class.

Can't promise anything, but may be about around setting up time similar to last year and happy to help if I can escape helping the Zed Register setting up (I'm a committee member for them as well). My name is supposedly on the list on the gate for early entry, but not yet sure what time that gets me through the gate??

Cheers
Colin

D0285
Photographer for MGCC (LeMans Classic, Oldtimer Grand Prix etc) & MG Motor (BTCC 2012-5)
http://www.triple-mracing.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nick Feakes

USA
3340 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2017 :  08:15:44  Show Profile
Dick
Let me think about how I might be able to do something along those lines.
Nick
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2017 :  21:12:19  Show Profile
Silverstone Update - Calling all cars!

As the Register will have a large 30ft x 20 ft) marquee there will be space within it for one Triple-M car, so we are inviting an owner (or owners) to display a car within it.

If you would like the kudos of your car having pride of place, either on Saturday 17th or Sunday 18th (or perhaps both days) please get in touch. Come rain or shine, you car will be under cover!

Other attractions within the Register's marquee will include Andy King's presentation about component casting and we are also hoping that Nick Feakes will join us to demystify and educate us about Triple-M electrics.

And you'll be in the company of 'the right crowd'!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

DickMorbey

United Kingdom
3672 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  09:52:20  Show Profile
I am pleased to report that we have an offer of a rather special P-type for display in the Register's marquee on Saturday 17th - thanks to Ron Loomes for that - but we're still looking for a display car for the Sunday!

Dick Morbey
PA/PB 0743
Frieth, Oxon, UK
Go to Top of Page

Colin Butchers

United Kingdom
1481 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2017 :  10:18:36  Show Profile
Dick, I think that Bryan Ditchman's newly completed 4 seat PB (the Works prototype) will be at Silverstone on both the Saturday and the Sunday. I will ask him when I see him at Mattingley tomorrow (or you can if you come along). I think it would be very suitable.

Colin B.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000