Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 Madeira Drive
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeterL

United Kingdom
1711 Posts

Posted - 16/07/2020 :  15:31:46  Show Profile
Dear All

I picked up on comments somewhere that Brighton had closed Madeira Drive to vehicular events.

As I am Green Party and Caroline Lucas is their MP I wrote to her. Here is the response:

Cheers

P

Dear Peter, 

Ive included an update from Brighton and Hove City Council regarding Maderia Drive and events. 

Best wishes, Matt

Matt Traini for Caroline Lucas MP 

15 July 2020 Transport and roads
Events on Madeira Drive
Madeira Drive has a long history of hosting key events in the city including the Brighton Marathon, the London to Brighton Bike Ride and the Veteran Car Run, and we fully support those events returning stronger than ever before. 
They are an iconic part of the city’s culture and success and we look forward to them being part of our city’s future for years to come.
At the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic, we temporarily closed the road to motor vehicles to provide a safe space for our residents to walk and cycle.
The closure has allowed people to exercise while being able to keep a safe distance from one another and we have received a lot of positive feedback from those who’ve used the space over the last few months.
While the temporary road closure remains in place, Madeira Drive will be open and available when necessary to host these events in both the short and long term.  We will continue to work with event organisers to ensure a full programme can return to Madeira Drive in a healthier, stronger and safer city.
We will be bringing forward this programme to committee in September.
Residents can have their say on our temporary transport and public space measures, by completing our online survey. https://consultations.brighton-hove.gov.uk/parking/covid-19-temporary-measures/
Gary Wilkinson
Deputy Chair, Environment, Transport and Sustainability Committee

Caroline Lucas, MP for Brighton Pavilion

Constituency Office
Werks Central
15-17 Middle Street
Brighton. BN1 1AL
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page