Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 General Information
 STOLEN MG
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kimber

United Kingdom
1526 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  12:04:51  Show Profile
This has appeared on the VSCC website today:

Recently stolen: 1932 MG Midget, VRN MG 2041, colour Green, from a garage during the holiday period.

Being the (legal!) owner of a P-type that was once stolen from a lock-up I have some indirect experience of this situation.

My thinking was that the thief was either a complete idiot and that the car would inevitably surface (which in my case was exactly what happened about a year later ) or, he/she knew exactly what they were doing and the only way of disposing of it was to break it up for spares. I suppose changing the I.D. /colour might be another option.

Anyway, I wish whoever the unfortunate owner is good luck recovering their vehicle.

No doubt we'll all be keeping our eyes peeled.

Edited by - kimber on 30/12/2011 12:05:49

greg

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  14:14:52  Show Profile
Where abouts in the country did this happen? My dads brother sold someone a td a week later it was stolen out of the new owners garage and it was never seen again. This was over 30 years ago.
Go to Top of Page

tonym

United Kingdom
651 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  15:43:38  Show Profile
Very sad - what a world we live in!!
Perhaps it would be a good idea if the Registrar contacted the unfortunate owner, so that the owner could post info on all the identifiable parts that the thief might try to dispose of - especially on this site.
To confuse things, I note from the Register that MG2041 is both an M-type and a J2 !!!
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  19:44:47  Show Profile
I am pleased to tell you that the owner of the car has told me that it has been found today.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

greg

United Kingdom
829 Posts

Posted - 30/12/2011 :  23:15:24  Show Profile
Peter can you tell us the story of this stolen car what kind of people took it? I knew it would turn up lucky it's all in one piece not burnt out.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Green

United Kingdom
1682 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  01:19:41  Show Profile
Greg,

All I can tell you is that the car was found undamaged.

Peter.
Go to Top of Page

gsrun

United Kingdom
180 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  12:19:42  Show Profile
This remids me of a friend who reported his car as stolen to the police but to his great embarrassment found it a day or two later in one of his own lock-ups - just not the one he normally kept it in!
Graham R.
Go to Top of Page

Wyn Lewis

United Kingdom
153 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  15:38:23  Show Profile
Thats great news Peter, a nice late Christmas gift for the owner.

I got up one day last summer, went out of the house to the drive as I was going to neet a customer but my VW Golf GTI was gone, I was devastated. I rang a few people in the village to tell them to be the lookout and be careful as they had similar cars. Arranged to borrow a car off a garage owner friend and rang the police. They took all the details and said someone would call in around an hour. I cancelled my appointment with the customer and walked the 300 metres to the local Spar store to get some milk. What was parked outside the shop with a note 'please do not park here overnight again' correct, my Golf. I had driven down there the evening before and walked out, past the car and walked home. How embarrased was I ringing the Police. Thankfully, I rang them before they called or there would have been some serious leg pulling.

Wyn

Edited by - Wyn Lewis on 31/12/2011 15:38:52
Go to Top of Page

Richard Hardy

United Kingdom
2142 Posts

Posted - 31/12/2011 :  19:59:57  Show Profile
Today I found that my daughter had left the car door wide open on my BMW when parked up in a London suburb for 2 days. I was horrified to find the car like this but relieved to see that the cabin supercharger was still sat there for my return!!

Vintage MG Parts
Go to Top of Page

Hamish McNinch

United Kingdom
108 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  23:37:32  Show Profile
Some vandal broke into my P-type and tidied it up....
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000