Triple-M Register
Triple-M Register
Home | Events | My Files | Policies | Profile | Register for the forum | Active Topics | Subscribers | Search | Locate Subscribers | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Triple-M Register Forums
 Seeking information about a picture of an MG
 Original 1930's photo album by W.J. Brunell.
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nigel Hounslow

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2021 :  18:09:46  Show Profile
Hi all, i have just joined, primarily to ask for help in identifying a Magna. I have recently received an album of original photographs taken in the 1930's by W.J. Brunell. There are three cars featured in the album of 30 pictures. Two are of MG Magna's and one is of a 1935 Ford V8. I have been very lucky to find and correspond with the owner of EV 7125 who have been very happy that i have been able to add the pictures to there cars history. I am having trouble finding any information about the other MG Magna, registration MG 2601, Chassis No. L 0299. There is also another question i wish to put to you all, written on the back of most of the photo's, in pencil, is the name C.A.H Cann. The owners of EV 7125 have the original bill of sale for there car with the name being a Mr. A.C. Cann. Does anyone know anything about them or at least C.A.H Cann? I will attach a couple of scanned pictures of both cars but have have more if anyone is interested. Thanks for taking the time to read this and i hope my persistance gets a result. Cheers, Nigel

Cathelijne

Netherlands
744 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2021 :  18:39:54  Show Profile
Hi Nigel, and welcome!

How lovely to have such a photoalbum in your possession! Would you be at all enclined to properly scan the photographs and allow us to add them to the database, please?

Anyway, in answer to your question:

MG 2601 is an L1, built in March 1933, painted ivory and brown, and first registered with Mr S.C. Cann of Snaresbrook, London, in June 1933. I’m afraid the car is a non-survivor, or at least hasn’t shown up yet ...

‘Hope this helps.

Cheers
Cat

In a world where you can be anything - be kind.
Go to Top of Page

John Reid

United Kingdom
704 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2021 :  20:42:49  Show Profile
Hi Nigel,
Thanks for the interesting photos. CAH Cann was keen on trials and entered his MGs in the 1933/34 MCC Lands End, 1932/33/34 Exeter and 1933 Edinburgh trials.

His entry numbers were:
Lands End 134, 171
Exeter 130, 79, 252
Edinburgh 44

His awards were:
Land’s End: Premier, Silver
Exeter: Premier, Premier, N/S
Edinburgh: Premier

The above information is courtesy of Donald Cowbourne’s book on British Trial Drivers.
Your photo of EV7125 was taken on the 1933 Land’s End trial, and the section could be Beggars Roost (but that’s a guess!)
Hope this helps.
John R

Edited by - John Reid on 17/05/2021 20:43:31
Go to Top of Page

Centric

United Kingdom
139 Posts

Posted - 17/05/2021 :  22:50:11  Show Profile
Hello Nigel,

Fantastic evocative photos. One cannot disagree with such an eminent authority as Dr. Reid. The location for EV 7125 is definitely taken near the top of the Roost. I have not trusted to memory as I was usually looking the other way. Comparison with other photos has confirmed it as the Roost. Happily little changed today.

I look forward to seeing your other photos.

Alan
Go to Top of Page

Orstin

United Kingdom
633 Posts

Posted - 18/05/2021 :  13:39:18  Show Profile
Hello Nigel - as Archivist for the Austin 7 world, I am always on the look out for contemporary photos of 7s. If the album contains anything like that, I would love to get scans of them. As far as that is concerned, I can offer to scan the album for you, if that would help.

cheers..

Hugh

So many dynamos
Go to Top of Page

Nigel Hounslow

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2021 :  16:46:39  Show Profile
Hi again, sorry i have not been on as work has me busy. Thanks you all for the kind words and the information that i have received. Also, a big thank you to who ever orientated the photo's around the correct way, they come up fine on my laptop but when i attached them they came out the wrong way round, so again thank you. Maybe i should have gotten one of my children to do it for me as I am a bit of a dinosaur when it comes to this. I will give it another go and attach more pictures, if they do come out wrong then help, as before would be appreciated. I hope nobody minds but i will also attach some picture of the Ford V8 Roadster for historical interest. Thanks again and enjoy them as I do.

Edited by - Nigel Hounslow on 23/05/2021 16:49:27
Go to Top of Page

Nigel Hounslow

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2021 :  16:48:09  Show Profile
Looks like my IT skills are very much lacking.
Go to Top of Page

Bruce Sutherland

United Kingdom
1545 Posts

Posted - 23/05/2021 :  18:26:52  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Nigel Hounslow

Looks like my IT skills are very much lacking.

Or a keen advocate of the "wall of death"....perhaps?

Bruce. (PB0564)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Triple-M Register © 2003-2024 MGCC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000